It is essential that you follow these instructions after your Microblading session:
For the next 7 Days:
* Every Morning and Night, you should rinse your brows with water
(gently splash them, no rubbing )
* Dry them with paper towel by gently padding them.
* Once your brows are dry, apply the ointment (very small amount)
You can apply the ointment 2-3 times a day.
- Using clean fingers, you may apply a very
small amount of the ointment we gave you on your brows
(like the size of a grain of rice for both brows).
This is just to add a small amount of moisture – brows should not appear
too greasy, if they do, you used too much.
Do not use aggressive movement/manipulation of the skin - be gentle.
Make sure your hands are clean before touching your brows.
Avoid wetting your brows for 7 days (other than rinsing), please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area.
No rubbing, no picking. The treated area might feel a little ticklish during the first phase of recovering process, it is important not to rub it as you might get infection into your skin. Peeling is absolutely normal during second phase of recovery; avoid any sort of peeling of dry skin as you might peel out the wrong parts and create bald spots in newly reconstructed brow.
Keep your hair away from your face. This means also avoiding applying any makeup on your brows or near brows for at least 7 days as this could cause infection. (be careful using your foundation)
Apply the aftercare ointment given to you 7 days of the treatment. Ointment usually applied in the evening before sleep, some clients might need to apply it 2 times per day. It will help to keep treated area moisturized and soft for the rest of recovery period. Although, the aftercare ointment is the most recommended you can substitute it with jojoba or coconut oil. Avoid Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline as it can cause a reaction and block skin from breathing.
No sun beds, tanning, excessive sweating in the gym, no makeup or anti aging creams on the brow area for at least 10 days. It is best to allow the brow to heal first before using any of the above.
Entire healing process will take up to 4 weeks depending on your body’s regeneration, age, immune system and lifestyle. Sometimes after microblading customers develop dry, flaky skin. It is very important not to rub, pick or peel off your flakes or scabs. Itching is absolutely normal as skin is repairing itself. Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing process. If you get your brow wet at the beginning of recovery, simply dry it with lint free tissue. The way you take care of your new brow after microblading will have great impact on the way it looks. Improper care often results in fading or “patchy” brow.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period brows might appear lighter than original. Often, even with proper care, customers develop bald spots or loose original hair strokes which makes brows look uneven or patchy. It is absolutely normal because your natural skin regeneration is not a process that technician can control. That’s why most customers need a touch up after 1 month to assure that brows are perfectly even and desired effect was achieved.
The following must be avoided for 10 days post microblading procedure:
• Allowing any water to touch the brows! No shower stream over brows.
Wash face CAREFULLY with a washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoid brow area.
• Practicing sports
• Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
• Sun tanning or salon tanning
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face.
• Picking, peeling, or scratching of the brow area.
You will cause scarring of the area or removal of the pigmentif you pick or peel scabs prematurely.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris–now is not the time!
• Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care with a cotton swab
• Do not use any cleansers or facial products of any kind, over the brow area for at least 10 days.
• Absolutely do not use any other ointments, antibiotic creams or gels, or vitamin creams over the brow area–it will draw out the pigment.